Darvin K. Manwah Online Portfolio Header Image
Portfolio Banner Image

Friday, September 26, 2014

Chris Jones Create Photorealistic Head Called Ed



So I saw this and I just had to post it. Holy macaroni this render looks crazy amazing. The movement looks pretty convincing and on my first viewing I thought it was a puppet moving an animatronic head only to be fooled by really good 3D renders.

The interesting part, besides the obvious 3D render itself looking flawless is that Chris is using Lighwave, Sculptris and Krita and he composited using Davinci Resolve Lite. My very first 3D program was Lightwave but version 5.5 I think or might have been even earlier, it's been a while so I don't remember. I used it for quite some time before switching over to Autodesk's Maya full time just when it became the industry's standard. I tried opening up Lightwave recently and I was completely lost. I tried messing around for a bit and unfortunately I couldn't figure it out. Times have changed I guess and so did its layout.






Video of Photorealistic Head by Chris Jones Called Ed








What was your first 3D Program and in what year did you begin using it? Let me know in the comments below.


Darvin K. Manwah: Matte Painter & Digital Compositor
ACM SIGGRAPH S3R3 Subcommittee Member



No comments:

Post a Comment