Darvin K. Manwah Online Portfolio Header Image
Portfolio Banner Image

Friday, September 27, 2013

Blue Jasmine Junket Interview with Woody Allen

Here's a film I've been looking forward to for quite some time. I've been in a Woody Allen streak for a while just because of his directing and cinematography but I think his framing of shots are really great and the compositions are usually spot on. Some of my personal bests from him includes Manhattan, Whatever Works starring Superman himself Henry Cavill and my personal best Midnight in Paris (might just be my best film ever, just saying).

Blue Jasmine's cast includes the insanely talented Cate Blanchett as Jasmine (She's from Australia, really, didn't know that), Alec Baldwin as Hal and Sally Hawkins as Ginger. I don't really know alot about Sally but I'm guessing she's right on the money since she got a Woody approval (wink wink). The film came out in August and has received a 7.8/10 in IMDB which is not bad, given that Falling Skies got a 7.2/10 but I'm not judging, moving on.

Directly quoted from Blue Jasmine's IMDB Page, the Synopsis reads (and just because I'm lazy to change the words)
"A New York socialite, deeply troubled and in denial, arrives in San Francisco to impose upon her sister. She looks a million, but isn't bringing money, peace, or love..."
Below is an Interview Junket with Woody Allen talking about Blue Jasmine's idea and how he went about shooting in San Francisco. Maybe one day I'll be able to make my films and randomly choose a city or even better a country for my film. Also don't forget to stay updated with Blue Jasmine's Facebook Page for more updates.

Blue Jasmine Trailer Banner



... and a clip from Blue Jasmine

Midnight in Paris

I had to include the trailer for Midnight in Paris just because it's an awesome film by Woody Allen. It got a 7.7/10 on IMDB and won an Oscar for Best Writing. Even though it's back in 2011, this film is still one of my favourites.

What would you consider to be one of your favorite Wood Allen Films? And what's your best film of all time? Let me know in the comments below and also any recommendations on any other Woody Allen Film you think I should check out?

Darvin K. Manwah: Digital Compositor at Zoic Studios (Vancouver) & Matte Painter
Online Portfolio, Personal Blog and ACM SIGGRAPH Portfolio Review Mentor



No comments:

Post a Comment