Darvin K. Manwah Online Portfolio Header Image
Portfolio Banner Image

Monday, November 29, 2010

3Vis Presents 'The Foundry' & Some Visual Effects Lovin'

The Foundry' & Some Visual Effects Lovin' Banner

Hey hey guys, It's been a few days since I've posted but it's been crazy busy with office stuff but I finally got some time to post some of my thoughts.

I attended a presentation of Nuke's latest software, Mari via 3vis and it was exceptionally good. NukeX 6.1 Version 3, STORM, Ocula & Mari were all on presentation and it was mind-blowing. I also got some swag from the event which I'm rockin' to work everyday for winter.Check out Professional Artists Gather for Mari 1.1 Launch Event and it will be hosted by Ben Kittay Studio Stage 15 – Gnomon School of VFX on 1015 Cahuenga Blvd, Hollywood, 90038. Registration starts at 6pm and the presentation runs from 7pm to 9.30pm.

Some very kewl stuff taking place with our ACM SIGGRAPH Montreal Chapter, with presentation for Eidos Montreal to present Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Show & Tell by Strob on Iron Baby.Here's an interesting read of The Making of Avatar over at 3D World Mag and some very interesting facts such as 4,352 render machines, 34,816 CPU cores and 104TB of RAM.

To some interesting yet old news, I had a small stint with visual effects house, The Embassy right here in Vancouver a few months ago where I was mentored by VFX veteran, Stephen Pepper for a short film I worked on. The studio did some amazing work for District 9 which got nominated for 4 Oscars, check out their contribution over at CGSociety. If you're in the Los Angeles area on December 4th, check out Zbrush Central's: User Group Meeting with some amazing talent, Neville Page - Lead Creature / Character Designer and Modeler for Productions including Avatar, Star Trek and Cloverfield & Ian Joyner - Character Designer at Legacy Effects with credits Including Avatar, Iron Man 2 and Thor.

I also got some new additions to my IMDB page with The Haunting Hour, Edge of the Garden & Goodnight for Justice. I'm out, Gnite

Darvin K. Manwah: Digital Compositor at Zoic Studios (Vancouver) & Matte Painter
Online Portfolio, Personal Blog and ACM SIGGRAPH Portfolio Review Mentor



No comments:

Post a Comment